Engaging, creative, flexible, proactive— these are just a few of the characteristics you should possess as a Leadership Trainer. In this role, you will be responsible for bringing Leadership into the schools of New York City through a combination of your background specialties and Leadership’s proven curricula. You are an enthusiastic and tenacious motivator, ready to support some of the most at high risk youth of NYC.
The ideal candidate is a life-long learner and highly organized self-starter ready to hit the ground running in extended learning time/after school clubs, in-class enrichment, and parent workshops in multiple NYC residencies. They possess an enthusiastic teaching style and the ability to follow curriculum. They have the ability to innovate curricula and background to match current educational trends and needs (STEM, CCSS). Both a proven track record of community building and experience with the special education population are plusses. A strong resourceful orientation and dedication to learn and grow as a facilitator is essential.
This position reports to Leadership’s Field Supervisor and Senior Program Manager in New York.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Learn and facilitate our Leadership curricula
- Serve as a positive role model for at-risk youth
- Utilize your background to work on special projects and activities with students and community members
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings in our offices
- Be ready for work in any of the five NYC boroughs
- Submit appropriate paperwork and enter activity logs, attendance, and other data into our on-line database bi-weekly
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- A minimum of two years experience working in NYC schools or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members
- Multiple language skills (Spanish, Chinese Dialects) are valuable assets. ESL certificate a plus.
- Are already, or ready to be, fingerprinted through the NYC Department of Education
- Possessing a background in sports and games (soccer, basketball, martial arts, chess), movement (dance, hip hop, step/cheer, ballroom), music (drumming, piano, choir, musical theatre), and/or mentoring (young men’s & young women’s clubs) is precedent
WORKING AT LEADERSHIP YOU WILL:
- Invest in your personal and professional growth
- Be a part of a community dedicated to positive change
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Leadership is a quality proven program dedicated to facilitating significant, positive change in urban school cultures. We have worked for nearly twenty years with researchers, administrators, teachers, and students to create a variety of high quality programming that has been shown to change students’ behaviors and attitudes towards violence, gang involvement, and substance abuse. We help create classroom and school environments that promote personal and social development, cultivate motivation, and develop resiliency to reduce negative behavior. We’re interactive, multi-sensory, innovative, and fun.
To find out more about working at Leadership, visit us here.
Please send us your resume.
In addition, we ask that all applicants check out our Core Values and create a Core Value themed project that explains why you want to work here. This can be a Cover Letter OR Poem OR Art Piece OR Short Video (~2 minutes).
All submission articles must include your name. Videos should be submitted as an external link.
Please submit your resume and Core Value piece to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15th in order to be considered in this round.